Kathleen Viscusi M.D.
Kathleen Viscusi, M.D. is a board certified dermatologist and ACGME-accredited, fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic surgeon. She has extensive experience in Mohs micrographic surgery, cutaneous oncology, and advanced reconstruction of complex defects as well as cosmetic/aesthetic dermatology and laser surgery.
Dr. Viscusi is a native of Eaton, Ohio and graduated valedictorian of her high school class. She attended Miami University of Ohio where she earned numerous awards and achievements, including induction into Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, graduating magna cum laude, and joining a prestigious group of less than 120 graduates to earn Honors with Distinction. She went on to attend Emory University School of Medicine where she participated in research and publications in the fields of Plastic Surgery and Dermatology.
After earning her medical degree, Dr. Viscusi completed her internship at Emory University and her dermatology residency training at the University of North Carolina. She then pursued a highly competitive Procedural Dermatology/(Mohs) Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology fellowship program at the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana with the mentorship of C. William Hanke, M.D., a world-renowned dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon.
Dr. Viscusi lives in Buckhead with her husband, Michael Viscusi, their son, Mack, and their Labrador Retriever mix, Patton.
- 2013 ASDS Preceptorship Program Preceptor: Dr. Ken Lee, MD; Portland Dermatology Clinic
- 2013 ASDS Annual Meeting Scholarship
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Resident Procedural/Cosmetic Clinic Director
- UNC School of Medicine, Dermatology Course Teacher
- Giddy Organics, LLC, Product Development Advisor
- Ponce de Leon Open Door Medical Clinic, Free primary care clinic of the homeless
- Pipeline Program, Teacher and mentor in health sciences to Atlanta public high school students
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Miami University, Honors with Distinction
- Hall Prize in Moral Philosophy for best essay on moral philosophy
- Robert E. Hayes Scholarship for Academic
- Undergraduate: Miami University, B.S. 2006
- Medical School: Emory University, M.D. 2010
- Internship: Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine Transitional Program, 2011
- Residency: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 2014
- Fellowship: The Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Indiana 2015
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
Feel confident in your skin again.
Schedule a consultation today to get started on your customized plan for healthier skin.